Wednesday, January 12, 2005

God's People at Work!

I leave for the airport in just a couple of hours! I'm feeling a little excited, but mostly sad. The sadness has surprised me, but it has not taken me long to understand its source. I'm sad to go on this adventure without Leslie, and I'm sad for the two weeks of Jesse's and Georgia's lives that I'll be missing.

I am also quite encouraged. Many of you have responded to my blog, and several of you have offered contacts in Nairobi. My Aunt Alita has a new friend and co-worker from Kenya who is in Nairobi on vacation, and our good friends the Hoskins have put us in touch with a kind missionary couple in Nairobi. God is way ahead of me and already at work through his people.

Please be praying for traveling issues (safety, security, customs, making flights, etc.) and for the first couple of days in which my family will be without me. Thankfully, right now Leslie has her parents keeping her and the kids company. Also, please pray for me as I prepare to preach in Mombasa this upcoming Sunday. The text will probably be Mark 1:14-20. (Yes, dear students of Grant's Bib. Interp. class, I will be making use of all that I learned from you as I marked your papers this past semester!)

More to come....

No comments: