Sunday, February 06, 2005

Decision Time!

This Monday and Tuesday (Feb. 7th and 8th), Leslie and I are fasting (yes, even on Mardi Gras), praying, and listening. We are going to talk and make a decision on Tuesday evening. Would y’all please join us in prayer over these two days?

By the way, not only are we praying for discernment as to whether God is calling us to Africa, but we’re also needing to decide whether we will enter the Anglican communion and pursue ordination within that tradition.

Please do pray for us, and feel free to share with us anything you feel God is communicating to you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Trav,

Thank you for carrying us all along with you on your journey, both geographically and spiritually. Thanks also for sending the email asking for prayer as you and Leslie commune with God as to what your next steps will be.

I confess that I read your blog from start to finish (as it is now) only today. I'm sobered by your adventure and God's call on your life, and feel truly priviliged to be a part of it in any small way. Your insights have been refreshing and good reminders to me of what it means to serve God, and of just how special you, Leslie, and your family really are. I will keep you all in prayer, especially these next couple of days. I look forward to reading future posts.

Blessings,

~Vivian

Anonymous said...

Leslie, how brilliant you are! Thank you for showing me to post anonymously!
Travis & Leslie: Nelly and I prayed for you yesterday at work on our first break. It was really cool because I haven't a clue what she was saying, yet our spirits agreed.
Anxiously awaiting Holy God's direction for your life!
Aunt Alita

Anonymous said...

We prayed for you this morning in our men's group. It is good to be able to share these days with you. Dad M.