Thursday, September 30, 2010

Another Leslie Perspective


I was planning to do an in depth post tonight, complete with pictures, but my brain is wiped, and I really, really want a shower and shave before bed.  We have power tonight, which means I can get warmish water to wash off the red dust of the day.

Instead, I'm going to share another of Leslie's recent emails:
It's late now and the days are so full - we are all exhausted by 8pm... some days we have no electricity, some days no running water, some days I change a lot of diarrhea diapers, some days I throw away diarrhea underwear, some days there's time to make it to the market for vegetables, some days we just borrow milk from neighbors, some days there are people standing in our living room pleading for money, some days I wonder if I have enough energy to brush my teeth before bed - never mind a shower!, some days I sit out on the library hill and enjoy the grass and cool breeze, some days I get excited about meat for dinner... all of these days I am reminding myself to go slow & steady... just one day at a time & we'll see what it brings...

Surely it is God who saves me
I will trust in Him and not be afraid
For the Lord is my Stronghold
And my Sure Defense
And He will be my Savior.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love my Lessy! So amazed by God in you, continuing to perfect you in His way and power in all the weaknesses and transistions. You're beautiful! Love you, Kate