Wednesday, December 02, 2009

South Carolina



In just a few days the whole family will be headed south to spend a little over a week down in South Carolina.  I was there last May meeting with various churches and individuals, and I quickly learned why all my Carolinian friends during seminary days had such a deep yearning to return home.  I mean, I could understand why Texans missed Texas so much, but South Carolina?

Now I understand.  The people, culture, and geography of South Carolina have a unique warmth and beauty, and it's quite easy to step into their embrace, at least as visitors.  A few days of walking through Charleston and eating with the folks of South Carolina is enough to make me want more.  I'm glad to be bringing my family with me this time.



Sunday, December 6th we'll be at Church of the Good Shepherd, where my good friend Shay Gaillard pastors a wonderful community of folks.  Sunday, December 13th we'll be at St. John's, a church that has embraced us with surprising excitement and depth of commitment.  We also hope to get some time with Holy Cross, one of the first churches to partner with us.  In between we'll connect with as many other people and communities as possible, while also spending some family time together before making our final push to Texas.

(By the way, we'll gladly receive any recommendations for top-notch seafood and barbecue while we're there.)

No comments: