Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Prayer for Strength and Purpose

I just thought I would share with y'all a prayer I found and prayed today in a collection of prayers given to me by a dear departing missionary (er...departing as in leaving Uganda, not as in leaving life):
Lord of the world,
We pray thee master these our weak and vacillating wills,
With thine almighty, clear-discerning will.
We would have working through our ineffectiveness
     thy quiet strength,
Through our blind folly thy clear-eyed discernment,
Through our changing impulses thy one direct
     and steady determination,
Through our indecision thine unswerving judgment.
Transform us therefore by thine own presence within us,
That so, being mastered and possessed by thee,
We may find liberty of our wills in entire subjection to thy will;
      through Jesus Christ.  Amen.

2 comments:

Robert said...

Amen and amen! This is the kind of help that I need with my prayers.

Tyler Foster said...

Hi, Hines family my name is Tyler Foster I am from Carneys Point New Jersey, I go to Salem County Christian Academy once known as Park Bible Academy. We were asked in History class to choose a misionary or missionary family and do a report on them and their expeirences in their new enviorment. I have picked you the Hines family to write my report on when you get a chance please email me at tjfos36@hotmail.com or even give me a call at 1-609-202-1323. Note: This report is due in about 2 weeks if i do not hear from you in a week or so I will have to disregard you and move on to a missionary and or missionary family so please contact me I would love to write my report on you.